The York Area Group of the NYMR hold meetings and talks/presentations. For those who just want to attend the meetings, these are open to the public but if you join the group then a discount on admission is available. For anyone interested in joining the York Area Group, or attending the presentations, please use the Contact Page. 19.30 for all meetings except April which will be preceeded by group AGM at 19.00 Some future meetings are below, but keep checking the Events Calendar for details as presentations and meetings through to April 2015 are currently shown. Meetings will recommence in September – Details of the presentations below.
- 15th Sept 2014. Coals from Newcastle. John Addyman NERA
- 20th Oct 2014. Stationary Steam Engines. John Holroyd
- 17th Nov 2014. The Royal Train. Norman Hugill
- 15th Dec 2014. Trains of 2013. Dave Birtle
- 19th Jan 2015. Railway slides from the John Edgington collection. Tim Cooper
- 16th Feb 2015. A Cinder path to the shed – BR Steam in the 60’s. John Hunt
- 16th Mar 2015. YAG Chairman John Meredith is going speak to us about “Transport and Industry”
- 20th April 2015. Low Moor Motive Power Depot in BR Days. Granville Dobson.
Details of the meetings and venue are below. New Earswick Sports & Social Club White Rose Avenue, York, YO32 4AG. View Larger Map