The York Area Group of the NYMR hold meetings and talks/presentations. For those who just want to attend the meetings, these are open to the public but if you join the group then a discount on admission is available. For anyone interested in joining the York Area Group, or attending the presentations, please use the Contact Page.
19.30 for all meetings except April which will be preceeded by group AGM at 19.00
Some future meetings are below, but keep checking the Events Calendar for details as presentations and meetings through to April 2014 are currently shown.
Meetings will recommence in September – Details of the presentations below.
- 16th Sept 2013 . The NYMRs Engineering Legacy and its challenges. Nigel Trotter and Roger Bastin.
- 21st Oct 2013. Nostalgic Years of a Miscellany of Railways. John Holroyd
- 18th Nov 2013. Confessions of an Editor. Murray Brown.
- 16th Dec 2013. Trains of 2011 and 2012. Dave Birtle
- 20th Jan 2014. Poppleton Community Railway Nursery. Bob Brook.
- 17th Feb 2014. Hudson’s Legacy – The story of the York and Beverley Railway. Trevor Buttle.
- 17th Mar 2014. Building a one fifth full size “Sutherland” – Richard Gibbon.
- 28th April 2014. Pickering’s Railways – Past and Present. Mark Sissons and Nick Bielby.
Details of the meetings and venue are below.
New Earswick Sports & Social Club
White Rose Avenue,
York, YO32 4AG.