The York Area Group of the NYMR hold meetings and talks/presentations. For those who just want to attend the meetings, these are open to the public but if you join the group then a discount on admission is available. For anyone interested in joining the York Area Group, or attending the presentations, please use the Contact Page. 19.30 for all meetings except April which will be preceeded by group AGM at 19.00 Some future meetings are below, but keep checking the Events Calendar for details as presentations and meetings through to December 2015 are currently shown.
Meetings for 2015 – 2016 will recommence in September – Details of the presentations below.
- 16th Nov 2015. Restoring The Worlds First Internal Combustion Passenger Train. Steve Hoather.
- 21th Dec 2015. Trains of 2014 And 2015. Dave Birtle.
- 18th Jan 2016. A FISHY TALE; THE STORY OF THE WAGONS OF THE ENGINEER’S FLEET, David Monk – Steel.
- 15th Feb 2016. HENRY LEETHAM’s ANGLO-HUNGARIAN ROLLER FLOUR MILL at HUNGATE, YORK. Rob Shorland – Ball.
- March 21st – CONSTRUCTING THE NYMR PLATFORM, TRACK AND SIGNALLING AT WHITBY 2014. – Nigel Trotter and Roger Bastin.
- April 18th – Group AGM then WORLD RAILWAYS WHICH BORDER ON THE EXTREME. Tom Greaves.
Details of the meetings and venue are below. New Earswick Sports & Social Club White Rose Avenue, York, YO32 4AG.